Looking for a great place to work? Consider us
KATA Accounting Solutions Professional Corporation is a cloud-based multiple award-winning Accounting & Bookkeeping firm based in Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2014, we help Canadian small businesses, independent professionals, and households satisfy their tax, accounting and bookkeeping needs.
A career with KATA Accounting Solutions Professional Corporation requires continuous improvement, collaboration, and communication. We are more than just accountants, bookkeepers and support staff – we are the sum of our experiences, attitudes and values.
Our core values
Our job is to handle our clients’ accounting needs, so they can use their time and energy building and enjoying their businesses and lives. We continually communicate with our clients to keep them up to date with what’s happening. We answer questions or concerns promptly and focus on building long-term relationships.
At KATA, we understand that nothing great is built alone. As a collaborative team culture, we extend this to our clients, working together to fulfill tax, accounting, bookkeeping and planning requirements. Our team members work together in various roles as needed, learning and cross-training to better understand how all the parts fit and help our clients enjoy a holistic experience.
As accounting and technological culture leaders since our inception in 2014, we thrive on digital advancements. We use and teach these tools to help Canadians better manage their work, time, energy and money. Many know KATA as a part of karate, but at its heart, it is a form of continuous improvement – and that’s exactly how we work at KATA. We are constantly learning and improving how we work together and the processes we use.
All our employees are personable and passionate folk who work from home. We are cloud-based, paperless, and remote, giving us and our Canadian clients’ location freedom.
Everyone at KATA is reliable, responsible, and independently organized. This attitude is vital to our company’s growth and success, reflected in our peer-nominated awards, 5-star Google ratings, referrals and repeat business.
Our priorities are making our clients happy and enjoying a family workplace atmosphere. Here, your specialized skillsets and life and work experiences are valued. There is loads of room to grow. You are also part of a team that values communication, collaboration and innovation and loves a work-from-anywhere lifestyle.
What’s Great About KATA
“I have so many reasons to love this team that it feels impossible to pick just one. I love this team because we can always lean on each other for support, even when things get tough.” – Candice M
“Many people talk about the challenges of working remotely, but KATA gave me the freedom to set my own schedule and work from wherever I want. This eliminated many of the challenges I had in my career, and I’ve advanced professionally and personally since joining KATA. Although I had given up on CPA firms because of long working hours, KATA changed my mind. I will be with KATA for as long as they’ll have me.” – Tim E
“I love that KATA is socially responsible and only takes on quality customers.” – Tanya R
“When I start work each day and look at what’s in my calendar, I get excited because I get to do what I love with a great company!” Julia KC
“Working with KATA is always fun and exciting. There is always constant learning and growth with our amazing team.” – Nerie G
Open KATA Roles
Canadian Tax Accountant (full-time, permanent)
- Must be CPA designated in good standing
- Must have 2+ years of experience in simple T2 filing
- Must have 2+ years of experience in T1 complex filing
- Must have 2+ years of experience in sales tax filings and year-end tax slips
- Must have working experience in estate filings
- Must have experience preparing and approving financial statements
- Must have experience training in-house on complicated bookkeeping transactions
- Comfortable communicating and interacting professionally and respectfully with internal and external stakeholders on video, phone, and email
- Comfortable presenting workshops and presentations online and on stage to various audiences
- Comfortable writing blog posts on industry-related topics
- Must be comfortable following checklists and workflows while using professional discernment to identify and resolve inefficiencies
- Must be able to reliably meet deadlines and production targets
- Must be comfortable with taking direction from management
- Must demonstrate technological proficiency and working knowledge of accounting technologies and industry trends
- Legally able to work in Canada and, if requested, can produce a current police background check
Must be able to start work immediately.
This full-time permanent position is ideal if you want to work from home and value work-life balance. For the right fit, the opportunity to grow into a partner exists.
We are a small business serving small businesses. Like our customers, each one of us wears many hats. Our bookkeepers also create marketing content and manage social media. Accounting technicians develop website and blog content between work papers and tax returns. Our CPAs write, calculate, and know what a #hashtag is.
Our culture is one of collaboration.
If this seems like a great fit, you are invited to begin the application process by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Our benefits and compensation packages
- Annual salary starts in the mid-five-figures with room to grow into partnership
- Paid training and career development with one of Canada’s best leading-edge accountants
- Permanent salary positions
- Health and dental coverage*
- Company-provided devices*
- Company-wide bonuses*
- Ability to set own working hours**
*must successfully pass the probationary period
** must be available for weekly check-ins, team huddles and monthly team meetings (online)
Please note that filling out our application form permits us to contact you should you be selected for an interview. You may also be subscribed to our monthly newsletter (to which you can unsubscribe at any time).
All the best and good luck.