We work with some great clients and companies, are you the right fit to join us?
New Economy Role in a Tech-savvy Accounting Firm.
In this role, you will cross-train with our experienced accountants to learn accounting and bookkeeping practices while simultaneously coaching technological productivity via video-conferencing, chat and other means from your home.
- You will be responsible for having a laptop to begin with, after the probationary period, your technology needs will be provided. You will experience the lowest possible commute times. On rare occasions, you will need to meet the whole team or a subset of the team in person.
- You will support the creation of accounting ecosystems and confer with clients to ensure the best state of the books.
- You will do research and write about bookkeeping, tax and accounting issues with the intent that these articles will be posted online under the KATA brand. As you develop, there will be an opportunity to advance to manage client books and learn tax and business processes and the key issues that affect small business owners.
- You will have the opportunity to grow into more responsibility and eventually be eligible for advancement, be responsible for a small team and have fantastic opportunities for personal growth.
What we need from you
- You have some work experience in business, finance or customer service.
- You have some knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping and find learning about businesses interesting and want your career to progress in those directions.
- You are capable of modern technologies and are able to manage a variety of tasks using laptops, smartphones and tablets.
- You are on social media and understand how to use it.
- You are responsible and able to manage your time independently working with minimal supervision from your home.
- You believe in lifelong-learning and can learn independently.
- You believe in the new economy.
- You like to learn about the financial issues people face and genuinely want to help them.
- You have strong communication skills and can produce articles for company use.
- You are an effective communicator and can deal with uncomfortable situations effectively (such as telling someone how much tax they owe).
You desire a role that will help you #grow.
Why Choose Us
Who we are:
KATA Accounting Solutions is a small. #cloudaccounting firm with a #startup mentality that utilizes proven technologies to provide bookkeeping, tax and accounting services, and advice to Canadians at home and abroad.
What you need to send us in your application:
A resume and cover letter with why you are ideal for this position.
Why work with us:
We are a communicative, collaborative, forward-thinking, people-focused firm that believes everything begins and ends with the people involved. Founded in 2014, we custom-design bookkeeping ecosystems for #smallbusiness customers, provide tax services to individuals and small businesses and are known for being a #thoughtleader in the accounting industry.